Talk English Project is funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
What is the project purpose?
Talk English Project is funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. The Talk English Courses and Activities take place in many areas of England such as Yorkshire & Humber, North West, Midlands, East England and London, which have high populations of people who do not speak English well or at all and may be isolated.
Talk English is for beginners who are at Pre-entry and Entry Level 1, the learning takes place in community settings and is taught by volunteers who are recruited and supported through the project
Talk English aims to support people with limited English language skills to:
- Learn English
- Improve their confidence
- Get more involved in their local community
- Mix with people from different backgrounds
Who can use the services?
- For beginners who do not speak English well or at all (i.e. pre-entry or entry level 1 ESOL) and live in areas with high demand for ESOL
- are not able to take part in mainstream ESOL courses
- are aged 19+
How can people access this service?
People can access this service by contacting the Hamara Centre through phone call, email or social media on the following contacts;
- Contact name – Nasreen Akhtar or Hamara Admin
- Hamara Telephone number – 0113 2773330
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who works on this project?
Project Coordinator – Nasreen Akhtar
Project Volunteer Teachers and Volunteer Friends
Funding & Partners