Hamara has grown to be the largest ethnic minority organisation in the voluntary and community sector in Leeds
Service Area: Facilities
Responsible for: No line management responsibility
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week (flexibility in the hours worked will be expected of the post holder, including availability at evenings and weekends).
Job Summary/Main purpose of the job
Receptionists are often the first contact that Visitors and Service Users have with Hamara. Post holders will assist visitors to the organisation in person and via the telephone. The role will involve providing a welcoming environment to all visitors to the organisation ensuring that their needs are meet as fully as possible.
The post holders will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical duties including sending out ensuring visitors sign in and out of the building, sending out recruitment documents, sorting through the post, delivering messages and updating organisational spreadsheets with information.
Receptionists will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Reception area and any aligned tasks. These tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure a welcoming environment in person and on the phone to all visitors of Hamara
- Providing reception and switchboard support to Hamara premises
- Providing clerical support to Hamara’s administrative function
- Receiving, signing in and dealing with or directing/signposting visitors as appropriate
- Taking telephone calls and delivering messages as appropriate
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail and placing it in the appropriate pigeon holes
- Recording, stamping and posting outgoing mail
- Routine word processing tasks, as and when required
- Sending out recruitment application packs that are requested
- To record, collate and monitor information as required
- Be responsible for updating various registers
- To be responsible for keeping the foyer up to date with brochures, newsletters and flyers
- Be responsible for the ordering of stationery supplies
- Maintaining the key register
- Cash handling as required
- Updating the organisations social media as required including Facebook and Twitter
- Booking meetings and rooms as required
- To ensure compliance with all of Hamara’s policies with particular reference to the Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Communication policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
- To support colleagues with any operational needs, as and when required.
- To work outside of ordinary office hours, as required.
- To complete any other reasonable duties, as required.
- To respect and uphold Hamara’s written policies and procedures in place.
- To attend any meetings, as required.
- To commit to personal and professional development. This includes undertaking appropriate training where required, or requested to do so.
- To commit to the ethos and values of Hamara.
- Satisfactory DBS Clearance
Hamara is an equal opportunities employer. Hamara is committed to promoting anti-discriminatory practices within the society, the organisation and in the promotion of its services to the community. Hamara expects all employees to understand, comply with and to promote its policies in their work and to challenge prejudice and discrimination issues, as appropriate, and undertake any appropriate training.
Hamara is committed to ensuring the safeguarding and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults, and all applicants and staff will be required to demonstrate understanding of and commitment to best safeguarding practice.